- This event has passed.
The Day the War Ended, 30 April 1975
April 30 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am EDTFree
April 30, 1975: Eyewitness Accounts of the End of the War
When the war was over: Personal experiences
- John McAuliff will show slides from his trip to Hanoi for the American Friends Service Committee and the Indochina Peace Campaign
- Nayan Chanda, former editor, Far Eastern Economic Review, will speak of his experience in Saigon.
- Claudia Krich, American Friends Service Committee, also in Saigon
- Brother Enemy: The War After the War by Nayan Chanda
- Reaching the other side: The journal of an American who stayed to witness Vietnam’s postwar transition by Earl Martin